Welcome!

This is my Blog of what I am thankful for. I will be adding an entry hopefully daily. The writing will be free hand and unedited.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Reggae

I am thankful for Reggae: Reggae is my favorite type of music.  When it hits you, you can feel the music in your soul.  Like Bob Marley sang “one good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain.”  This statement is very true for me when it comes to reggae.  I could be in my saddest moment and have everything go away as soon as I hear some reggae.  It might come as sort of a suprise but Bob Marley is not the only person that has sang some reggae.  There are many modern day reggae bands out there today mixing reggae with punk, ska, rock, folk, classic rock, pop, r&b, latin, and even native american music.  Some of my favorite bands include: Passafire, Barrington Levy, OPM, Natural Inscence, Stone Senses, Badfish, Long Beach Dub Allstars, Dirty Heads, Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Iration, The B Foundation, and many more.  The band Passafire would be at the top of my list as their writting is intelligent and very well structured, using surreal imagery and beautiful metaphores creating a melody to soothe the soul.........  I think the world needs more positive music.  The healing properties are astounding when listening to positive vibrations.  I will now leave with a quote from none other than Bob Marley...."My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever."

Official band websites:
Passafire
Pepper
Stone Senses
Iration

No comments:

Post a Comment