Welcome!

This is my Blog of what I am thankful for. I will be adding an entry hopefully daily. The writing will be free hand and unedited.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bic Ink Pens

I am thankful for Bic ink pens: Bic pens are my weapon of choice when it comes to shading with my pieces that are nothing but ink.  I like to use a technique I've heard refered to as "feathering".  With these cheap to buy pens feathering can be easily achieved by pressing hard on the paper with the pen then gradually lifting up slowy moving in one motion to create a faded line.  With multiple lines looking like this you can begin to see the faded ink.  I began practicing this technique in 8th grade when I was bored in class and had nothing but notebook paper and a cheap rollerball bic.  Since 8th grade I have created 100's of drawings and have kept atleast 80% of them.  I know use a more high quality ink for my artwork, but still come running back to the good old bic rollerball ink pen......-Today's posting is pretty short, seeing as I am pretty busy.. so I will make up for it in some pictures of my art by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment